For suppliers of Adient, a global leader in automotive seating, we offer company-specific Advanced 8D Documentation training courses.
JMC Jens Moeller Consulting is Adient’s preferred training partner regarding the Quality Management Methodology.
The Advanced 8D Documentation and scoring course was created in close cooperation with Adient Supplier Development Team. In this training we will go through Adient’s specific supplier requirements for managing the 8D process and review the new Advanced 8D form and related 8D performance scoring system. Beyond the basic training course, we also can offer you focused guidance in completing your 8D documentation and assist with the final evaluation.
We have 2 different courses, a basic and focused version.
1. Basic Adient 8D Documentation and 8D scoring
What you will learn:
- What is the purpose of the 8D methodology?
- What are the contents, modules and requirements of the 8D methodology?
- How can I apply the 8D methodology to effectively eliminate quality errors and sustainably improve my processes?
- What does the Adient-specific 8D form entail and how should it be used?
- What are the key differences between the Adient-specific 8D Basic and Advanced forms and which ones are best for us?
- What are the requirements for the 8D self-evaluation using the 8D scoring method?
2D – Problem description: How should we describe the problem?
3D – Interim Containment: How can we define and implement containment actions that isolate the effects from all customers until permanent corrective action is implemented?
4D – What are the Root Causes of the problem? How can we identify them?
5D- How can we describe which Permanent Corrective Action we have taken?
6D – How should we verify our Corrective Actions?
7D – Prevention: How can we document that we have how this issue will be avoided in the future?
8D – Closure: What do we need to document to be able to close the procedure?
- Presentation workbook with detailed information, tips and guidelines
- ADIENT specific 8D form as the basis to document the 8D process
- ADIENT specific Advanced 8D form as a guide for the problem-solving process
- ADIENT specific 8D scoring form
- Documented extensive tips & tricks from our experts’ answers to your specific questions to your 8D forms and procedure
- All 8D team members, specifically leaders in quality, production, supply chain, engineering, and project managers tasked with carrying out the 8D methodology and establishing the according reports to Adient.
2. Focused Adient 8D Documentation and 8D scoring
What you will learn:
- Everything contained in the Basic Adient 8D Documentation and 8D scoring
- We accompany you with completing your individual Adient-specific Advanced 8D and final self-evaluation.
Adient 8D Accompaniment Add-on to Basic course
Give us a call
Call us now +49 / (0) 881 39 464 046 or fill in the following form to enquire or make your booking nowCall us now
If you encounter any issues with the booking process, click here.